Maid Services: Spring is in the air - get your home ready
Once you've set aside time to spruce up your home, make sure you have resourceful products at your disposal like ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda. One box has countless uses for effective, safe, and economical cleaning and deodorizing all around your home.
"Using natural ingredients found in your kitchen allows you to turn your home into a clean and fresh living area," says lifestyle expert Jill Cordes. "And be creative.
Try the following tips from Cordes to have your entire home looking and smelling clean this year:
Start in the kitchen
* Grab the baking soda and sprinkle some onto a clean damp sponge or cloth to wipe down stainless steel surfaces like the kitchen sink without scratching. Rinse thoroughly.
* If you wrinkle your nose in disgust every time you open the door to your microwave, it's definitely time to deodorize. Baking soda on a damp sponge not only helps clean any dried-on food, but also keeps odors at bay. Leave a box of baking soda in the microwave when not in use for continued freshness.
Head to the bathroom
* Your shower curtain looks like it has seen better days, but you can give it a much needed refresh with a quick scrub using baking soda directly on a damp brush. Rinse clean and hang the curtain to dry.
* Bathroom floors don't have to look dingy or splotchy. If you have tile or no-wax floors, mix 1/2 cup baking soda in a bucket of warm water, mop and rinse clean. Baking soda on a sponge also helps to remove unsightly scuff marks.
Don't forget the outdoors
* You shouldn't have to drive your car around with the windows open this spring to get rid of odors. Eliminate unpleasant smells by sprinkling baking soda directly on fabric seats and carpets. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then vacuum. Everyone will love taking rides in your car again.
* Bring your patio furniture out of storage and get ready to relax in the sunshine. Take a cloth and wash off all the dirt and grime that gathered during the long winter months with a solution of 1/4 cup of baking soda in 1 quart of warm water. Rinse everything down and air dry.
Using ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda during your spring house cleaning allows you to save money with a real alternative to harsh chemicals for your furniture, kitchen surfaces, and appliances.
For many more tips and methods including hand washing dishes, tackling baked-on grill residue, cleaning toys or even giving your body a little pampering, visit www.ArmandHammer.com. And once your home is clean and fresh (without the smell of winter still lingering), sit down on your sparkling patio furniture to enjoy the spring air.
Courtesy of ARAcontent.
|Respond Home Services Directory lists the top Contractors in your area, organized by specialty and office location.